We are excited to introduce our Thor Laser and LED Therapy System!
The non-thermal laser (cold) penetrates deep into your tissue promoting “photobiomodulation”. In essence, mitochondria are turned on and cellular metabolism increases which in turn accelerates cellular repair, increases blood flow, and stimulates the immune and lymphatic systems.
Laser therapy can be used when you want or need a drug free procedure to control pain; when conventional therapies have been ineffective; or when you want to quickly heal from injuries.
Safe, Painless and Noninvasive
Low Level Laser Therapy has been used around the world for over 30 years with great success. The Thor laser has been studied at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital (the New England Journal of Medicine Hospital), and many prestigious hospitals in Israel and Europe. It is also being used by NASA and the US Army, the British Royal Navy and Army, and a multitude of professional sports organizations.
Treatment with the Laser is painless and consists of several brief sessions each of which lasts anywhere from a couple of minutes to about twenty minutes per protocol on average. Each area is treated with the laser for about 30-60 seconds. In order to promote healing and to reduce pain, the laser will be used to treat associated lymphatic regions and associated nerves at the level of the spine in addition to the injury itself.
Patients generally do not feel anything during treatment other than the Laser’s tip coming into contact with their skin or some warmth over areas that are darker colored or have more hair. There is no pain, electrical pulses, or feeling of heat during treatment as is common with other therapies. You may be one of the 75 to 80% of patients who feel improvement immediately after (and sometimes during) treatment. Many people feel the effects immediately but for chronic conditions, especially if you’ve had them for a long time, it may take a few treatments.
Synopsis of Benefits:
Reduced Pain – Many people can experience significant improvement after one treatment. Most conditions require 3-12 treatments for maximal alleviation of symptoms. Chronic conditions may require more
Less Inflammation (reduction in swelling) and Faster Tissue Healing – Acute inflammatory conditions respond almost immediately to Laser treatments.
- Lymphatic Drainage - The lymphatic system is stimulated to help remove waste products and cellular debris from the site of tissue impairment.
- Improved Circulation - NO (nitric oxide), histamine and serotonin production are stimulated to produce a non-thermal vasodilatory response, improving circulation in the injured tissues.
- Angiogenesis – The creation of new capillaries and stem cell production is promoted which increases the rate of healing as circulation is improved.
- Increased Tissue Strength –LLLT increases both collagen and fibroblast activity. Professional athletes are using this therapy to heal injuries faster and improve their strength. Laser treated tissues are stronger after recovery than with natural healing alone.
Before starting Laser therapy, an evaluation of your injury or concern will be performed by one of our physicians and a protocol for your treatment will be determined. You will receive your first laser treatment at that time and at no additional charge. For those patients able utilize insurance, we will accept your copayment and then bill your insurance company accordingly. For those wishing to pay cash for the initial consult, the fee is $95.
Laser Treatment Pricing:
Treatments are tiered according to length of treatment required and your provider or our scheduler will advise you accordingly. Pricing varies from $35-$95 dollars per session depending on the complexity and length of your treatment.
There is a 10% discount offered for packages of 3 sessions and a 20% discount for 6 or more sessions.
Common Conditions and protocol length:
Some common conditions and treatment time frames are listed below to help you in your scheduling. Please note that your condition may respond differently to these recommended parameters.
Brief visit (10 min). First sessions for these protocols will be 20 minutes.
- Ankle sprain (may need a longer appointment first few sessions)
- Tinnitus and hearing issues (works well for people whose symptom onset is close to appointment)
- Wound Healing
Standard Protocol (20 min)
- Arthritis of single joint such as wrist
- Biceps tendonitis
- Bursitis of hip
- Lumbar disc disease
- Meniscal tear
- Morton’s neuroma
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgical healing and pain reduction (great for knee or hip replacements)
- Prevention of radiation dermatitis when doing radiation therapy for breast cancer (start cycle 20)
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Some types of arthritis such as hip/knee
- Sprains and spasms of multiple muscles
- Tennis elbow
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Traumatic brain injury
Extended Protocol (30 min)
These protocols are a bit more complex and take about 30 minutes. In order to get full efficacy, the effected lymphatics must be treated in addition to the damaged tissue and multiple target points. They generally involve using 2 or 3 different laser or LED probes as part of the protocol or many treatment points.
- Fracture healing (some types of fractures may be done in the 30-minute appointment)
- Multiple issues of concern
To learn more about Thor Laser please visit www.thorlaser.com.